As one of the key pillars of The Rich Promise, Innovation is both applauded and celebrated at Rich’s. The “Spirit of Innovation” awards are presented to individuals or teams across the global enterprise best demonstrating the “think-outside-the-box” entrepreneurial spirit of company founder Robert E. Rich. The awards recognize those teams or individuals that have identified breakthrough improvements or created trailblazing ideas or services.
Recipients for 2010 were recognized for outstanding achievements, including:
- Exceptionally-enhanced delivery system which improved both the tip placement and filling efficiency for customer machines that serve Rich’s delicious toppings.
- An outstanding customer service system that includes real-time reporting processes as well as a host of tools to drive operator involvement and accountability.
- Revitalization of Rich’s signature Bettercreme icing. It included exciting and all-new co-branded products, as well the industry’s first collection of contemporary and vibrant whipped icing colors offered to coincide with the changing seasons and industry trends.
- Launch of the latest rage in food trucks with a mobile, 26-foot “Farm Rich Snack Shack.” Using TV, radio, social media, promotions and customer focus groups, the fully-branded, customized food truck help drive customer sales of Farm Rich snack items through the roof.
- Debut of the donut in South Africa, where the delicious ring-shaped cakes were an anomaly just a few years ago. Supported with extensive production training and sales support, South African consumers ate ‘em up!