When The Great American Takeout launched on March 24, 2020, we expected it to be a one-day event. But one year (and 16 events) later, we’re still here. And so are millions of restaurants, owners, operators and employees who have defied seemingly insurmountable odds to keep their doors open and their kitchens cooking. Rich’s is proud to stand by their side as they mark this one-year anniversary with their biggest event yet! On March 24th, The Great American Takeout is driving for record-breaking takeout sales to raise over $500,000 for the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation (NRAEF) and Children of Restaurant Employees (CORE) to support restaurant workers and their families.
PARTICIPATION IS SIMPLE
- Download the Assets. Visit The Great American Takeout website and download social media assets and copy you can use to announce the event to your customers.
- Hype it up. Use the assets to post about the event on your social media channels, encouraging your followers to participate on 3/24. Keep it simple or layer any promotions as you see fit.
- Rally the troops. Reach out to your community: customers, friends, partners, vendors, clients, media, and brand ambassadors. Encourage them to help spread the word.
- Get Ready for The Orders! On 3/24, promote and anticipate orders for takeout and delivery. Encourage customers to snap a photo of their order and share it on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #TheGreatAmericanTakeout. For every picture posted, Rich’s and additional sponsors will donate $10 to NRAEF and CORE – up to $555,000 combined.
- On March 24, order a takeout or delivery meal from a restaurant you want to support.
- Take a picture of your meal and post it to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #TheGreatAmericanTakeout
- For every picture posted, Rich’s and additional sponsors will donate $10 to NRAEF and CORE – up to $555,000 combined.
Learn more at https://thegreatamericantakeout.com/.